Enjoying the flawlessly made-up lids that reflect alluringly fanatical is the dream of many women! The eyeshadows are the best beautifying products that help you to attain such mesmerizing lids. But the beauty products for sensitive eyes have to be carefully chosen as the improper selection may often lead to red, itchy, and watery eyes with whole lots of irritations and inflammations.
This article mainly focuses on listing the best eyeshadows for sensitive eyes that stay highly safe for those with such sensitive eyes and lens users. These eyeshadows tend to be safe in terms of their ingredients used and quality standards met!
- 1 Best Eyeshadow For Sensitive Eyes: Our Top Picks
- 1.1 1. Best Overall: Revlon Illuminance Crème Shadow
- 1.2 2. For Long Lasting Colors: Bare Escentuals Gen Nude Eyeshadow
- 1.3 3. 100% Pure & Vegan: Pacifica Beauty 0 Well Eye Shadow
- 1.4 4. Doctor’s Recommendation: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips
- 1.5 5. Best Budget-Friendly: Almay Intense i-Color Evening Smoky
- 1.6 6. Best All-In-One Palette: PYT Beauty Day-To-Night Eyeshadow
- 1.7 7. Best Trio: Mineral Fusion Eye Shadow Trio
- 1.8 8. Honest Beauty Eyeshadow Palette
- 1.9 9. Lavera Beautiful Mineral Eyeshadow
- 1.10 10. LORAC PRO Palette 3 Eyeshadow Kit
- 2 How To Choose The Best Eyeshadow For Your Eyes
- 3 Conclusion
Best Eyeshadow For Sensitive Eyes: Our Top Picks
Out of the several products, we’ve selected the 10 best eyeshadows for sensitive eyes and made an in-depth discussion about their features, pros, and cons!
1. Best Overall: Revlon Illuminance Crème Shadow
Create a mystical illusion at the blink of your eyes with Revlon Illuminance Crème Shadow that provides nine unique pallets with each containing four differently combined shades! These pallets come in the name of Twilight, Black Magic, Copper Crayon, Electric Pop, Khaki Suede, Not Just Nudes, Precious Metals, Skin Lights, and Wild Orchids.
This best eyeshadow for sensitive eyes has a creamy consistency that blends well with other hues. So, by combining two unique hues, you can easily create a new magical shade for your special day. It is a crease-resistant shadow that appears naturally meld and shine on your eyelids without creating flakes or oily shimmer.
It is an ophthalmologist-tested product that your eyes and sensitive eyelids never get affected with the use of this product.
- Provides a wide range of choices with nine color pallets of four unique shades.
- Easily blend-able that enables you to create new shades.
- Ensures a natural and radiant look over the eyelids without being flaky or shimmering.
- The ophthalmologist-tested product that stays safe for sensitive eyelids.
- Contains talc that may not suit talc-allergic users.
- May create a greasy look on oily skin types when used without primer.
2. For Long Lasting Colors: Bare Escentuals Gen Nude Eyeshadow
Make your eyelids mesmerizingly made-up with natural-looking, nude hues of Bare Escentuals Gen Nude Eyeshadow that meld flawlessly with any skin tones! It is a powder-based formula that ensures a velvety finish over the skin.
The palette of this best eyeshadow for sensitive eyes contains six unique neutral-toned hues in the name of haze, pixie, boho, free spirit, soul, and stargazer. These shades furnish matte, satin and metallic effect that you can use it on any occasions. These highly pigmented, nude shades stay natural yet eye-catching on your skin.
These shades are highly blend-able that you can mix two different shades to create a magical illusion on your eyelids. The best part of this product is its long-lasting feature with the crease and smudge-proof feature that your skin looks flawlessly best throughout the day.
Apart from just the beauty-boosting benefit, this eyeshadow also takes good care of your sensitive skin with its good-to-skin formula. It contains the mineral-rich ingredients of rice algae, cucumber extract, borage oil, and others.
These ingredients highly soothe and moisturize the skin around your eyes and make your eyelids soft and radiant. They de-puff the eye area and make them perfect for the grooming session. The presence of antioxidants protects the skin against infections and damages. Thus, these ingredients convert the pale and dull-looking eyelids into fresh and healthier skin.
Though it suits all skin tones, the Rose GEN NUDE® Eyeshadow Palette stays best for fair to light skin tones. It is a cruelty-free product with no harsh chemicals such as parabens, talc, gluten, etc., that fits best to use on sensitive areas on your eyelids.
- Provides six neutral-toned unique hues to furnish different effects on different occasions.
- Highly-pigmented shades with the best blend-ability that provides a bold and natural-looking finish.
- Enriched with a mineral-rich formula that moisturizes, soothes, and protects your eyelids.
- It prevents the creation of flaky layers.
- The palette provides a matte, satin, and metallic finish that you can use for any occasion.
- Highly long-lasting shades with no traces of greasiness and smudges.
- Free of cruelty and harsh chemicals for your sensitive skin.
- Though it claims to suit all skin tones, the hues may appear unreal on some tones.
3. 100% Pure & Vegan: Pacifica Beauty 0 Well Eye Shadow
Turn your eyelids alluring new each day with Pacifica Beauty 0 Well Eye Shadow that provides a palette of ten unique shades! These highly pigmented shades range from nude to dramatic pink to gorgeous smoky brown that makes you limestone on any events with their bold hues.
Its powdery texture ensures a highly blended, velvety finish that your eyelids never look too shiny or unreal. The varied shades of this daily go-to palette stay best on any occasion right from the daily office wear to special night parties.
The highlighted feature of this eyeshadow lies with the infusion of coconut water with each hue that helps to moisturize, soothe, de-puff, and protect the sensitive skin against infections. It makes the eyelids hydrated and prevents the creation of flakiness.
This best eyeshadow for sensitive eyes is 82% allergen-free with no parabens, preservatives, and other harsh components. It is a vegan and cruelty-free product.
- Wide range of bold hues that stays apt for different occasions.
- Ensures a soft, velvety finish on your sensitive eyelids that uplift the radiance of your entire face.
- Contains the benefits of coconut water.
- The shades appear natural and blended on the skin without creating flakes.
- Tends to be 82% allergen-free to use on eyelids.
- Contains fragrance and dyes that may create allergic reactions in certain users.
- Not suited for those who are allergic to coconut extracts.
- May create flakes on some skin types.
4. Doctor’s Recommendation: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips ensures bold and gorgeous smoky eyes with the multi-reflective, ultra-shimmering effect that makes you stand unique among thousand others! The palette of this best eyeshadow for sensitive eyes contains 6 shades of smoky hue with deep-pigmentation formula.
It has a liquid-powder texture that remarkably blends with your eyelids without creating a greasy appearance. It tends to be a long-wearing shadow that promises to keep its true look for 24-hours without creasing or smudging.
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips contain no parabens and other harsh chemicals that may create allergic reactions on the skin. It tends to be extremely safe for use around sensitive eye areas including for lens users. It is basically the dermatologist and ophthalmologist-recommended product that you can confidently rely on!
- Ensures a rich and high-reflecting smoky effect on the skin that makes you unique.
- Provides 6 varying shades of smoke base for creating dark magic on your eyelids.
- The liquid-powdery texture blends well with the skin without creating a greasy appearance.
- Long-lasting shadows that maintain the true glamour for 24 hours.
- Ophthalmologist-tested product to use around eyes including lens wearers.
- Contains talc that makes creates allergies on certain skin.
- The glittering particles may create irritations when getting into the eyes.
- Mat not be suited if you prefer matte finish over sparkling effect.
5. Best Budget-Friendly: Almay Intense i-Color Evening Smoky
Appreciate your eyelids with a gorgeous smoky finish by using Almay Intense i-Color Evening Smoky! This shadow provides four palettes such as blue, green, hazel, and brown that you can attain an evening-smoky look with a blue palette of rightly combined trio shades.
This trio-shade palette helps to highlight your eyelids, crease, and brow bones in a single go and makes your eye area bold and eye-catching. It is again the long-day wear that your lids look flawlessly great throughout the day. Its powdery texture ensures velvety-finish without creating creases or smudges.
This best eyeshadow for sensitive eyes is a dermatologist and ophthalmologist-tested product that stays hypoallergenic for sensitive eyes. Despite its safe and long-lasting features, it stays much affordable that you can add this product to your regimen readily.
- The blue palette of this product ensures a flawless evening-smoky effect to your eyes with perfect radiance.
- Enriched with trio hues that beautify lids, crease, and brow bones.
- Ensures long-lasting results with no creases or flaws.
- Ophthalmologist and dermatologist-tested product that fits rightly for sensitive skin.
- Affordable product.
- Each palette contains only three related shades that you may not enjoy a completely changed look frequently.
- The pigment may appear light that multiple layers may be required.
6. Best All-In-One Palette: PYT Beauty Day-To-Night Eyeshadow
This palette contains four warm matte shades that stay fit for your regular morning hours and four bold and shimmering metallic hues that lie remarkably cool and reflecting on your night-outs and parties. All these highly-pigmented, neutral shades go well with all skin tones and uplift your make-ups flawlessly.
This best eye shadow for sensitive skin is a long-wearing product that blends smoothly with the skin without creating flakes, smudges, or unevenness. It is formulated with skin-nourishing vitamin E that soothes, moisturizes, and pampers sensitive skin while beautifying it.
Its compact and handy design with an in-built mirror is yet another advantage that makes its usage much easy and flexible. This product is a hypoallergenic, EU complement eye shadow that contains no harsh chemicals such as parabens, fragrance, etc. It is a vegan and cruelty-free product that is mainly focused on sensitive skin.
- It is an overall-best product in terms of its beauty-enhancing feature, portability, safety standards, ingredients, etc.
- A day-to-night pack provides both the subtle matte and bold shimmering shades for your eyelids.
- Hypoallergenic product with no harsh chemicals that stays fit for sensitive eyes.
- Featured with nourishing and moisturizing vitamin E that further enhances the grooming look.
- Highly-pigmented shades with the best blend-able feature.
- The shimmering particles of nightshades may enter the eyes and create irritations when not properly set.
- Tends to be too powdery that may get into the eyes.
7. Best Trio: Mineral Fusion Eye Shadow Trio
Here, comes the next rightly-combined trio pack of the palette with Mineral Fusion Eye Shadow Trio that ensures flawlessly made-up glooming eyelids! It provides nine different palettes in the name of Density, Diversity, Espresso Gold, Fragile, Jaded, Riviera, Rose Gold, Stormy, Stunning and Sultry.
These palettes provide richly pigmented shades with the blend-able feature that you can easily mix up the shades to enjoy any dramatic appearance on your eyelids. They also appear naturally meld on your skin with no artificial looks. It also has a long-lasting feature that stays in its true nature throughout the day.
This best eye product is formulated with anti-aging and skin-nourishing ingredients such as chamomile extract, sea kelp extract, pomegranate extract, grape seed extract, aloe extract, etc.
These ingredients highly moisturize and plump up the skin around the eyes to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. They soothe and de-puff the inflammations and make your eyes perfect for beautifying. They also contain rich antioxidants that protect your soft and delicate eyelids.
This best eyeshadow for sensitive eyes is devoid of any harsh chemicals such as talc, parabens, fragrances, etc., and tends to be a safe and hypoallergenic product. So, you can confidently uplift the look of your eyes with this sensitive skin-safe product!
- Have nine palettes with trio shaded design that each palette ensures different flavors of attractiveness?
- Provides bold and dramatic effect to the eyelids with its best blend-able feature.
- The trio pack can also enhance the look of crease and brow bones along with lids.
- Stays in its true nature throughout the day.
- Contains remarkable anti-aging and nourishing natural ingredients that uplift the health and look of your lids.
- Stays best for sensitive skin with no harsh chemicals.
- Only three colors are available in a palette that those with constant look-changing lovers may not opt this.
8. Honest Beauty Eyeshadow Palette
Here comes the next dermatologist-tested best eyeshadow for sensitive eyes with Honest Beauty Eyeshadow Palette that provides a pack of day-to-night shades! This product provides 10 different shades with matte, satin, and shimmering effects that you can achieve your desired look in a simple go for your occasions.
The warm matte shades go best with daylight and the bold shimmering shades make you outstanding in your night-outs and parties. These eyeshades become bolder and shiner when applied wet and warm and velvety when applied dry.
The richly pigmented shades ensure a bright and flawlessly blended impact on your eyelids for a long-lasting period. It has a powdery texture that furnishes a velvety-matte finish over your lids.
It is made without parabens, talc, mineral oils, etc., and tends to be vegan. Its hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested features make this product safe to use on sensitive skin.
- Provides a broad range of highly-pigmented day and nightshades.
- Ensures shades with matte, satin, and shimmery effect that you can choose based on your occasion.
- Blends smoothly with any skin tone for a more natural look.
- Can be applied in both dry and wet form.
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested product.
- May create red and itchy rashes on certain skin types.
- May create a chalky layer over the lids.
9. Lavera Beautiful Mineral Eyeshadow
Lavera Beautiful Mineral Eyeshadow is the next best eyeshadow for sensitive eyes that furnish an alluring glow to your eyelids with certified natural cosmetics and organic plant extracts! It provides two sets of pallets, named Smoky Grey and Cappuccino Cream, with each containing four carefully combined shades.
These hues are formulated with natural mineral color pigments that stay highly safe for your sensitive eyes. They lock in a natural-looking nude and uplifted look to your eyelids with eye-catching shimmer. It contains a creamy texture that blends well and furnishes a silky-soft, smooth appearance on your lids. Its long-lasting feature ensures the result throughout the day.
The best part of this eyeshadow lies with its organic plant-driven extracts such as jojoba oil, argan oil, coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil, etc. These extracts highly nourish, moisturize and strengthen the skin with their nutrients and minerals. They make your eyelids healthy and provoked and keep them live with an uplifted look!
It is again the dermatologist and ophthalmologist-tested product that stays highly safe for sensitive eyes and lens users. It is a vegan product and contains no parabens, gluten, and other harsh chemicals.
- Contains two different pallets with four sets of hues that create a naturally nude, mild, and smoky effect on your skin.
- Hues are made of natural mineral color pigments.
- Has nourishing and conditioning plant extracts that uplift the look and health of your lids.
- Highly blend-able that meld uniquely with the skin and furnishes a shimmering look.
- Ophthalmologist and dermatologist-tested product that stays highly safe for eyes and lens users.
- May create itchy and red eyes for certain users.
- Not suited for those who want to enjoy bold and contrasting hues.
10. LORAC PRO Palette 3 Eyeshadow Kit
LORAC PRO Palette 3 Eyeshadow Kit allows you to create any dramatical effect on your eyelids with 8 matte and 8 shimmering shades each having a day-to-night effect! Thus, whatever shade you want to have on whatever effect, this eyeshadow will provide you.
These shades are available in powder texture that ensures a velvety finish to your lids with no oiliness. They are high-pigmented hues that stay remarkably bold with a naturally meld look on your eyelids. The kit also provides the mini Behind The Scenes Eye Primer that further smoothens the color and improves the lasting period of the shadows.
This best eyeshadow for sensitive eyes also contains nourishing and moisturizing ingredients such as parsley, cucumber, etc. They soothe, hydrate, and uplift the glow of your lids and make them ready for beautification.
- Provides a wide range of choices overshades and effects that you want to have.
- Highly pigmented shades that stay bold and attractive on the lids.
- Contains botanical extracts that nourish and condition the skin.
- The powdery texture provides alluring velvety-finish.
- Works well on both wet and dry
- Contains parabens that may create allergic reactions in certain users.
How To Choose The Best Eyeshadow For Your Eyes
Now, you might be aware that all of the above-mentioned products are remarkable in one way or other. But, the following are certain criteria that you should always pay attention to while selecting the product for getting the most satisfying result!
Avoid Harmful Ingredients
Safe, quality and hygienic ingredients are the prior requirements of any eye-beautifying product and it becomes even more important if you are the one with sensitive eyes or lens usage behavior.
The eyeshadows with harsh and harmful ingredients such as fragrances, preservatives, etc., may create eye infections such as irritations, itchiness, redness, inflammations, etc. So, whenever you find terms such as artificial fragrances, waterproof, etc., say no-no to such products.
The safe ingredients with natural extracts that are approved by the ophthalmologist and dermatologist are often the best products for your sensitive eyelids. In this article, most of the eyeshadows are credited with such high points.
For acquiring further knowledge about the harmful ingredients and their possible impact on your eyes, just keep reading!
Benzalkonium Chloride (BAK)
Benzalkonium Chloride is one of the eye-product preservatives that helps for prolonged-lasting effect. But this chemical may make your eyes dry and create eye irritations, puffiness, and redness. It may even lead to serious eye problems such as affecting tear film and cornea surface that shall only be rerated with a doctor’s consultancy.
Kohl is usually made of salt of heavy metals such as antimony, lead, and others. They are generally used to boost the pigment level of the shades and make them look bold and attractive. But, the inclusion of unsafe levels of these metal salts in the kohl may create various health issues such as respiratory issues, tissue build-ups, etc., when used on the regular basis. It becomes highly dangerous for children in particular.
The main purpose of Carnauba Wax is to improve the shimmering effect of the eyeshadows. It also helps to maintain the true texture of the cosmetic for a long-lasting period.
But the usage of this wax may lead to various negative impacts such as blurry vision, eye dryness, irritation, burning of the eyes, etc. so, the inclusion of this chemical in your eyeshadow is not recommended.
The eyeshadows mostly contain this ingredient in the name of aluminum, pigment metal, etc. It is mainly used to improve the depth and boldness of the shades. But this chemical may improve the toxic level in your body and create serious side effects such as rashes, itching, eye redness, inflammations, etc. It may also lead to breathing and wheezing problems and affect internal organs.
Talc is a chemical that is used to create a smoothly-blended effect on your skin. But the usage of this chemical may lead to respiratory problems such as asthma, wheezing, etc. In most severe cases, it may ever create lung cancer and other serious internal disorders. So, for being on the safer side, avoid products containing talc!
Parabens are used as the preservative that improves the shelf-life of the product. But, this ingredient may create serious side effects such as dry eyes, irritations, redness, etc. In some worst cases, it may even affect reproductory organs and create breast cancer.
So, these are the harmful ingredients that can affect the health of both your eyes and internal organs. Be careful to avoid the eyeshadows that contain these chemicals in their product list!
Cream vs Powder
The eyeshadows can be of cream or powder texture that the choice completely lies with your preference. Both these textures have their unique advantages and this article has discussed the products of both types.
The creamy eyeshadow tends to blend more smoothly than it may never create a caky or flaky appearance over the lids. The chances of the powder particles getting into the eyes and irritating are nil that the creamy texture sets very well with the skin once they are applied. The bottleneck of this type is that it may create an oily look after some hours of application. But, these above-discussed products are out of this oiliness creating the issue.
The powdery texture may furnish mesmerizing velvety look over the lids with no signs of oiliness. But, when not set properly, the particles may often get into the eyes and leads to irritations and redness. The use of primer beneath powders shall best obliterate this issue. Also, the powdery shadows that shall work wet can eliminate this issue.
So, if you want to create a matte velvety finish, you can choose powdery shadows. If the creation of a naturally melds look is what you aim for, you can go for creamy type.
Grooming your eyelids with the right shade and right effect make your whole make-up process uplifted and unique. The eyeshadows with the best beautifying feature and safe ingredients are what you really want to attain such a gorgeous eye appearance.
All of the above-mentioned products are really unique in their shades, benefits, and safety measures that stay apt for use on the sensitive skin around your eyes. For getting a better result, you can use the setting powders or primers beneath these eyeshadows that ensure prolonged results with true attractiveness.
Now, select your eyeshadow based on the shade and effect you prefer to have, and the suitability of the ingredients on your skin, and enjoy the flawlessly made-up, head-turning eyelids for your special occasions!
Also Read: 8 Best Eye Brightener Pencils To Use In 2021