Enjoying the baby-like fresh, glowing, bright, and flawless epidermis is the main goal of any woman! But, dehydration is the major problem that makes the skin look dull and lifeless. It leads to excess sebum production that again causes acne and pore-clogging. It even makes the skin rough and leads to premature aging signs such as wrinkles, etc.
So, Korean moisturizers are the blissful products in the cosmetic market that revive the skin intensively and make the outer layer elastic and youthful. These moisturizers improve the protective barrier and prevent moisture loss for a longer period.
For gaining more knowledge about the benefits and specialized features of Korean moisturizers, this article would aid you through.
9 Best Korean Moisturizers Reviewed
Out of n number of products available, we’ve selected the 9 best Korean moisturizers and made an in-depth discussion about their features and limitations!
1. Best Rated: Korean Skincare Snail Repair Cream by SeoulCeuticals
Packed with enormous skin-treating nutrients and vitamins, Korean Skincare Snail Repair Cream by SeoulCeuticals stays remarkable in the market. It improves the moisture level of the skin and prevents the creation of issues such as wrinkles, fine lines, acne, oiliness, etc.
This moisturizer contains 97.5% of snail mucin extract that has a rich concentration of hyaluronic acid. It intensively seals in the moisture content and makes the skin elastic. It also has anti-aging and anti-bacterial properties that improve the collagen production of the skin and prevents acne-creating bacteria.
The snail mucin also has the glycolic acid that gently exfoliates the skin and removes off the blemishes such as dark spots, acne, etc. It obliterates the presence of excess oil and provides crystal-clear shine to the epidermis.
The presence of 72% organic natural extracts such as shea butter, aloe vera, sunflower oil, jojoba oil, green tea extracts, and vitamin E is yet another advantage. These ingredients boost the nutrients and make the skin healthier and brighter. Their fatty acids improve the skin’s protective barrier and keep the skin hydrated ever.
Having a strong yet gentle humidifying formula with anti-aging properties, this moisturizer suits all skin types including the dry and matured types. It also has non-comedogenic features that even the oily and acne-prone skin types can safely trust.
- Contains 97.5% of snail mucin extract that naturally makes the skin healthy, shiny, and flawless.
- Formulated with 97% natural and 72% organic ingredients.
- Has rich anti-aging, anti-bacterial, and moisture-boosting features.
- Locks in the water content from the root and make the skin plump and youthful.
- Improves the collagen level and prevents the creation of aging signs.
- Has exfoliating benefit that removes dark spots and makes the skin brighter.
- Suits all skin types including dry, matured, and oily types.
- May leave an oily residue over the skin.
- May create rashes, breakouts, and other allergic reactions on some skin types.
2. Best For Oily/Acne Prone Skin: CosrxOil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion
CosrxOil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion has the non-greasy, deeper-penetrating formula that instantly makes the epidermis radiant and lively! It has 70% natural willow bark water as the key ingredient.
This ingredient has numerous skin-beneficial nutrients including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, etc. It highly restores the moisture content and promotes collagen level. Its anti-aging property eradicates the aging signs and refines larger pores to reflect a clear and youthful epidermis.
This best Korean moisturizer also contains lemon peel extract and tea tree leaf oil in its formula. They have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial benefits that gently calm and treat the skin against irritations, redness, etc. Their antioxidants exfoliate the skin and produce a fresh and brighter epidermis.
The presence of salicylic acid unclogs the pores and treats the dark spots. It eradicates the excess oil and prevents the formation of skin breakouts. Despite its utmost effectiveness, it stays remarkably lightweight and penetrates instantly into the skin without leaving oily residues.
This all-round moisturizer best suits all skin types including sensitive and allergic types. It is a dermatologist-tested, hypoallergenic product and has no parabens, sulfates, and other harmful chemicals. It is a daily moisturizer that can be used day and night.
- This k-beauty moisturizer makes the skin soft, supple, shiny, youthful, and incredibly moisturized.
- Has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-aging properties.
- Improves the collagen level and refines larger pores.
- Prevents the creation of acne and treats dark spots.
- Its pH-balanced formula strips out the excess oil without making the skin dry.
- The hypoallergenic product highly suits the acne-prone and oily skin.
- May create bumps and breakouts on certain skin types.
3. ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Cream
ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Cream has every best feature to make the skin radiant, elastic, plump, and younger! This best Korean moisturizer contains 63.4% hydrolyzed collagen along with baobab oil, vitamin E, white lupin, and other skin-nourishing ingredients.
These ingredients improve the water content and remove the issues of skin dryness. They naturally restore the collagen level and improve the skin’s protective barrier. This moisturizer plumps up the skin with its hydrating feature and reduces the impact of fine lines, wrinkles, and other aging signs.
Baobab oil is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids. It also has high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits that treat and soothe the skin against irritations and redness. This ingredient fights against acne and dark spots and produces a bright, flawless outer layer.
ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Cream claims to keep the skin firmer, supple, and radiant for 100 straight hours. It has a gel-like creamy texture that thin application is sufficient for the entire occasion. It gets easily absorbed and never stays greasy over the skin. It stays suited for all skin types.
- Best skin-moisturizing and firming benefits that provide a young and radiant look.
- Long-lasting moisture-restoring benefits for 100 hours.
- This moisturizer has an apricot color gel-like creamy texture that produces a dewy finish to the skin.
- Has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits that keep the skin healthy and flawless.
- Plumps up the epidermis to smooth out the aging signs.
- Suits all skin types.
- May produce unpleasant fragrance.
4. belif The True Cream – Moisturizing Bomb
belif The True Cream – Moisturizing Bomb is formulated with skin-renewing natural extracts that do wonder to the dull and mature skin! This best Korean moisturizer contains apothecary herbs along with macadamia oil, Mistletoe Ferment extract, oat kernel extracts, comfrey leaf extract, willow bark extract, marigold flower extract, and others.
These ingredients remarkably hydrate to provide a soft and supple feel to the skin. They keep the epidermis deeply moisturized for 26-long hours. This moisturizer has anti-aging properties that improve the collagen level and make the skin firm and elastic.
The antioxidant ingredients exfoliate the skin against dark spots and blemishes and provide a bright, flawless glow. This k-beauty product also has an anti-inflammatory feature that soothes the epidermis against irritations and redness. It provides a refreshing feel to the dry and damaged outer layer and improves its protective hydration layer.
belif The True Cream – Moisturizing Bomb is a dermatologist-tested product that has no parabens, sulfate, fragrance, and other harsh chemicals. It actively nourishes and moisturizes the dull, dry, normal, matured, and combination skin types.
- Blessed with numerous moisturizing and nourishing plant extracts.
- Improves the water content and makes the skin soft, plump, and supple.
- Promotes the skin’s collagen level and makes it firm and young.
- Has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
- Provides the long-lasting result of 26-hours.
- It may create greasiness over oily skin.
- It may create breakouts and rashes on certain skin types.
5. Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Cream
As the name suggests, the Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Cream contains the skincare benefits of green tea extract along with shea butter, stearic acid, etc. These ingredients intensively hydrate and provide radiating glow to the complexion.
The green tea extracts have a rich antioxidant property that repairs and replaces the damaged skin cells with rejuvenated energy. This ingredient actively fights against skin breakouts and exfoliates the dark spots and blemishes.
This best Korean moisturizer also has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties. It soothes the skin against irritations and plumps up wrinkles and fine lines. It promotes collagen production and provides the smoothed-out, young, and bright outer layer.
The refreshing and relaxing green tea fragrance is yet another advantage of this product. It has a thin yet deep-penetrating texture that gets absorbed by the skin easily without creating a filmy layer. This moisturizer suits all skin types including sensitive types.
- Contains all the nourishing and repairing benefits of green tea extracts.
- The shea butter and green tea extract hydrate the epidermis from the root.
- Has anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant benefits.
- Actively transforms the dull and damaged skin into a fresh, bright, and rejuvenated epidermis.
- Improves the protective barrier of the skin.
- Has a refreshing fragrance.
- The presence of stearic acid may lead to irritations and breakouts on acne-prone skin types.
- May produce an oily and sticky feel on certain skin types.
6. Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream
As the name suggests, Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream repairs revives and makes the skin mesmerizingly flawless with its effective yet gentle formula! It contains 92% snail extract along with raspberry fruit extract, green tea extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, and other multi-beneficial plant extracts.
This best Korean moisturizer boosts the water content and makes the skin deeply hydrated. The hyaluronic acid in snail mucin along with adenosine and peptides improve the collagen level and make the skin elastic. They plump up the epidermis around aging marks to provide firm, smooth, and glowing radiance.
This moisturizer also has rich antioxidants that repair and replace the damaged skin cells with a bright, rejuvenated layer. It eradicates the presence of dark spots and refines the larger pores. The exfoliating feature treats the hyperpigmentation and provides an evened-out skin tone.
The botanical extracts provide the anti-inflammatory benefit that soothes skin irritations. This moisturizer protects and improves the skin’s natural hydration barrier. It is a dermatologist-tested product that suits all skin types including the sensitive type. It is an all-day moisturizing cream that you can use in both day and evening times.
- An all-in-one pack that treats all the skin issues and provides blemish-free radiance.
- Has 92% snail mucin that repairs the dry and damaged skin types.
- Locks in the moisture from the root and make the skin firmer, elastic, bright, young, and shiny.
- Has anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
- Smoothen out the fine lines and wrinkles and treats hyperpigmentation.
- Improves skin’s natural barrier.
- Suits all skin types including sensitive type.
- May create breakouts and rashes on certain allergic skin types.
7. Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream is again the best Korean moisturizer that is formulated with soothing and reviving ingredients. It contains beta-glucan, shea butter, ceramide 3, jojoba seed oil, anise fruit extract, grapefruit extract, etc., in its formula.
These ingredients keep the skin balanced and hydrated in all weather conditions throughout the year. The moisturizing formula penetrates deeply and converts the dry and dull skin into a shiny, rejuvenated epidermis. They improve the protective barrier and prevent moisture loss.
The inclusion of grapefruit and other antioxidant extracts exfoliate the skin and repair the damages. They prevent acne formation and brighten up the epidermis with a flawless glow. They maintain a balanced pH level over the skin’s surface.
This moisturizer also has soothing, anti-inflammatory property that protects and calms the hypersensitive skin against redness and irritations. It pampers up the rough skin and diminishes the appearance of larger pores and aging signs.
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream contains no dyes, fragrances, and harmful chemicals. It stays extremely suited for dry and sensitive skin types.
- Has the best moisture-locking ingredients that make the skin glowing.
- Improves the protective barrier of the skin and prevents moisture loss for greater benefit.
- Packed with plenty of botanical extracts that improve the strength and shine of the skin intensively.
- Makes the skin firm and elastic.
- Has soothing anti-inflammatory properties that suit the hypersensitive skin types.
- Its antioxidant features repair the damaged skin cells actively.
- It is a vegan, cruelty-free product.
- Its watery texture may not easily get absorbed by certain skin types.
8. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer
La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer provides multiple skin benefits with its effective ingredient list! Its formula contains La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water, Niacinamide, and ceramide-3 as the key ingredients.
These ingredients naturally uplift the skin’s water content and make it shiny and supple. They improve the natural protective barrier of the epidermis to prevent moisture loss. This best Korean moisturizer has prebiotic features that keep the skin balanced, hydrated, bright, young, and radiant.
The presence of niacinamide provide antioxidant benefit and prevents the acne creation. It improves collagen production and minimizes the appearance of age lines. Its exfoliating feature eradicates the dark spots and makes the skin bright and rejuvenated. This ingredient ensures better moisture retention for improved results.
The sun-blocking feature is the next highlighted benefit of this moisturizer. It has SPF 30 that actively blocks the penetration and damages of UV rays to the outer layer.
This moisturizer-cum-sunscreen lotion has a creamy texture with an easy absorption feature. It never stays heavy over the skin. It is a dermatologist-tested, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic product that has no parabens and other harsh chemicals. This oil-free moisturizer claims to keep the skin hydrated for 48 stretched hours. It stays suited for all skin types including sensitive and acne-prone types.
- Ensures the benefits of hydrating, sun-blocking, and restoring the protective barrier of the skin.
- Makes the skin plump, young, and supple.
- Prevents the creation of acne and exfoliates skin to make it bright and flawless.
- Keeps the skin moisturized for 48 hours.
- Protects the skin against UV rays and free radicals.
- Suits all skin types.
- It may create white residues on the skin on drying up.
- It may clog certain skin types.
9. I Dew Care Say You Dew Vitamin C-Rich Moisturizing Cream
Formulated with the list of nutrient-boosting ingredients, I Dew Care Say You Dew Vitamin C-Rich Moisturizing Cream makes the skin remarkably gorgeous!
This best Korean moisturizer contains niacinamide, vitamin C, shea butter, and botanical extracts such as banana fruit extract, lemon fruit extract, Meadowfoam seed oil, neem flower extract, etc.
These ingredients form a dual-layered formula with a gel+cream structure. The top layer has a gel consistency that is formulated with lemon extract and vitamin C. This layer has an antioxidant feature that exfoliates the skin against blemishes, dark spots, and hyperpigmentation. It makes the skin bright and glowing.
The base layer consists of a creamy texture that is made of banana extract. This layer deeply moisturizes the skin and makes it smooth and plumper. It improves the natural protective barrier to prevent the chances of moisture loss. The banana extract and niacinamide also improve collagen production and treats the aging signs from the root.
This dual-layered cream can produce alluring skin results when applied daily over the skin. Just mixing the gel and cream with an enclosed spatula can combine the benefits of both layers. It is free from parabens, sulfates, and other harsh chemicals. It stays safe for all skin types.
- Dual-layered formula with multi-benefit feature to the skin.
- Repairs and revives the damaged skin with its exfoliating benefit.
- Makes the skin thoroughly hydrated and improves the protective barrier.
- Soothes and relaxes the irritated skin.
- Promotes collagen level and prevents aging signs.
- Treats dark spots and hyperpigmentation and brighten-up the skin.
- The gel-like layer leaves behind greasy residues on certain skin types.
- It may create rashes and allergies for some skin.
Why Use Korean Moisturizers?
Korean moisturizers always stay outstanding in the global market. Its main reason is that the Korean cosmetic companies regularly perform high-end researches and keep updating their products with head-turning advancements.
Korean moisturizers produce multiple advantages to the epidermis with their natural ingredients and innovative formula. Apart from just boosting water content, these moisturizers promote collagen production, protective barrier, anti-aging, and anti-inflammatory benefits, and skin-brightening satisfaction.
This “All-In-One” characteristic is the main reason that attracts global attention towards Korean moisturizers. These moisturizers are available in multiple textures right from lightweight gel-like consistency to creamy textures. The Korean market has even developed a hybrid moisturizer combining the benefits and features of both gel and cream.
The availability of a wide range of choices is yet another advantage of the Korean skincare market. Among all, the Korean skincare products are always trustworthy that you can enjoy exceptional quality ever!
How To Choose The Best Korean Moisturizer For Your Skin Type?
Though all the above discussed Korean moisturizers are best, the following criteria enable you to choose the best satisfying product!
1. Consider Your Skin Type
Skin type is the foremost point to consider when it comes to cosmetics. The skin type may be of normal, dry, combination, sensitive, oily, and acne-prone types. The moisturizer that works the best on one skin type may produce adverse results on another. So, understand your skin type and select the product accordingly.
To have a clear idea about the suitability of moisturizers for different skin types, we’ve outlined certain criteria!
1.1 Dry Skin Type
The dry skin type feels overly dehydrated, rough, and lifeless. These skin types require a high concentration of thirst-quenching ingredients for locking in the water content and make it moisturized.
Generally, moisturizers with hyaluronic acid, snail mucin, shea butter, lanolin, and other such hydrating ingredients can go best with this skin type. Cream-based moisturizers can have better-penetrating results over the dry and dull epidermis.
1.2 Oily And Acne Prone Skin Types
It is the skin type with excess sebum productivity and acne-forming problems. So, if you are the one with oily skin type, go for oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizers as they do not clog pores nor create oily residues. Also, moisturizers with high-exfoliating features can help moisturize the skin without creating oiliness.
The cream-based moisturizers with ingredients of glycerine, hyaluronic acids, etc., can best suit this skin type.
1.3 Combination Skin Type
The combination skin is one where the part of the skin remains overly dry and the other part remains excessively greasy. So, a careful selection of products is required to make this skin type happy!
The lightweight, cream-based moisturizers can suit this type. Also, specialized moisturizers such as belif The True Cream – Moisturizing Bomb can also go fine with this type of skin. You can also apply the moisture on the dry part and neglect the oily part to have a satisfying result.
1.4 Sensitive Skin Type
It is yet another type of skin that requires an appropriate selection of products for avoiding adverse results. If you are the one having sensitive skin type, select the product having the hypoallergenic features.
The sensitive skin types can go well with natural extracts than harsh chemicals. Also, avoid the moisturizers having artificial dyes and fragrances as they may lead to irritations and breakouts.
1.5 Normal Skin Type
It is a well-balanced skin type that is neither too dry nor too oily. It goes fine with almost all the above-discussed moisturizers.
2. Check Out The Ingredients
No matter what your skin type is, ingredients play a major role in the final outcome of the moisturizer. To make your skin naturally glowing and healthy, go for the product having maximum botanical extracts. Certain ingredients such as snail mucin, tea tree oil, willow bark extract, lemon peel extract, etc., has a multi-beneficial advantage to the skin.
Certain ingredients such as stearic acid can provide the best hydrating result to normal skin types while clog pores on acne-prone types. So, select products based on your skin’s responsiveness to its ingredients.
3. Consider Your Skin’s Requirements
It is again the important criteria that should be addressed while selecting the product. Almost all the moisturizers discussed above are multi-beneficial with numerous skin-repairing and nourishing ingredients. So, you can analyze your skin’s requirements such as brightening, tightening, soothing, etc., and select one that stays suitable.
Korean moisturizers stay remarkable in the market to produce the flawless shine to the epidermis with its best possible formula. They address numerous skin issues and provide a young, bright, supple, radiant, and elastic outer layer. These moisturizers contain nutrient-boosting ingredients that make the skin healthy and rejuvenated from the root.
To have a safe and adverse-free experience, make sure to have patch testing of the moisturizer over the neck or hands. Once, you feel satisfied with its result, you can start enjoying its benefits over face!
Considering the buying criteria, you can select one of the above-discussed best Korean moisturizers and enjoy the head-turning luminous!