Hydrated skin always tends to be unique and attractive. No doubt the moisturized skin looks more healthy and rejuvenated than those with dry and flaky patches. Also, it provides a strict barrier against various skin issues such as excess sebum production, creation of acne and black marks, premature aging, etc.
But not that all the skin is intensely hydrated with the best benefits. Black skin is more prone to skin dryness due to various hormonal and environmental factors. The visibility of clunky lines, dry skin patches, wrinkles, and skin-cracks may make the dark skin pale and lifeless.
So, to eradicate these issues, various best moisturizers for black skin are available in the cosmetic-field with unique ingredients and add-on benefits. These moisturizers best boost the water content from the depth of the skin and provide a young, supple, bright, and luminous glow!
- 1 Best Moisturizer For Black Skin For 2021 [Buying Guide]
- 1.1 1. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- 1.2 2. E.ra Organics Daily Face And Body Cream
- 1.3 3. St Ives Facial Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- 1.4 4. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Moisture Rich Night Cream
- 1.5 5. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer
- 1.6 6. LILY SADO Green Tea And Vitamin C Face Moisturizer Cream
- 1.7 7. Garnier SkinActive Moisture Rescue
- 1.8 8. Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer
- 1.9 9. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer
- 1.10 10. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
- 2 How To Treat Your Dry Skin
- 3 Conclusion
Best Moisturizer For Black Skin For 2021 [Buying Guide]
Not that all the products available in the market are best and can provide the same hydrating results. Out of numerous brands and thousands of products, we’ve shortlisted the ten best moisturizers for black skin and provided an in-depth explanation about their features, pros, and cons!
1. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion is the best moisturizer for black sin with its light-weight formula and long-lasting result. This moisturizer contains hyaluronic acid and three essential ceramides (1, 3, and 6-II) along with Multivesicular Emulsion (MVE) technology.
Its moisture-locking technology highly hydrates the skin and keeps the skin moisturized for a long-lasting period of up to 24 lengthy hours. This moisturizer is best suited for those with a busy, hectic schedule as it requires no frequent re-applications.
This moisturizer restores the skin’s natural protective barrier and protects the skin against UV rays and harmful pollutions.
This best moisturizer for black skin has full coverage and is best suited for moisturizing large body areas. It blends well with the skin without leaving white patches or residues. It has a light-weight formula that does not create heaviness on application.
It is a fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic product that provides the best hydrating result for normal, dry, and combination skin types. It does not clog the pores, and its oil-free formula prevents the creation of an oily appearance. The National Eczema Association has approved this product as an effective moisturizer.
- Deeply hydrating technology and improves the protective layer of the skin against damages.
- Locks moisture on the skin for a long-lasting period of 24 hours.
- Suited for face and body coverage.
- Oil-free formula that does not create an oily or greasy appearance on the skin.
- May create oiliness on oily and acne-prone skin types.
- May create skin breakouts and acne on sensitive skin types.
- Contains several types of alcohol.
- May create an unpleasant odor after a few hours of application.
2. E.ra Organics Daily Face And Body Cream
Here comes the best moisturizer for black skin with E.ra Organics Daily Face And Body Cream with multiple benefits.
This moisturizer has the best-chosen ingredients of blue algae, manuka honey, aloe vera, and other mineral acids such as vitamins and amino acids.
These rich ingredients deeply penetrate and lock the moisture content on the skin for a period of around 8 to 12- long hours. They restore the protective barrier and prevent the skin from free radicals.
This moisturizer boasts the skin with essential nutrients and minerals that provides a fresh and energetic glow. Its exfoliating benefit removes the dead skin cells and boosts skin regrowth.
The active ingredients highly repair the damaged skin cells and correct the skin blemishes. They brighten the skin tone and treats hyperpigmentation to provide even-toned, glowing, flawless mien to the skin.
This product effectively increases collagen production and improves the elasticity of the skin. It prevents and treats the occurrence of aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines to provide a young and supple appearance.
This best moisturizer for black skin is composed of 86% organic ingredients and effectively maintains the pH balance of the skin. It is a hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic product that does not clog the pores.
It is free from parabens, fragrance, alcohol, and other harmful chemicals and tends to be suitable for all skin types. It can be used as a moisturizer on both the face and other body parts.
- Multi-purpose moisturizer that gets deep into the skin and locks the hydration for a longer period.
- Improves collagen level and treats aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines.
- Boost the skin’s protective barrier.
- Brightens the skin and treats skin hyperpigmentation.
- Provides bright, hydrated, young, and energetic skin.
- Boost the strength and nutrient contents of the skin.
- It has a thick consistency that may create tints and residues.
- Tends to be an expensive moisturizer.
- May create acne and break-outs on certain skin types.
- The presence of coconut seed oil may create allergies to certain skin types.
3. St Ives Facial Moisturizer for Dry Skin
St Ives Facial Moisturizer for Dry Skin is the next best moisturizer for black skin that completely replaces the skin dryness with a deep moisturized look.
The presence of safflower seed oil, mineral oil, hydrolyzed collagen and elastin, and other similar nutrient boost ingredients makes this moisturizer unique in the list.
This moisturizer contains the collagen-boosting feature that best treats wrinkles, fine lines, and other aging signs. It improves the skin elasticity and tightens the skin to furnish a young and supple glow to the skin.
As the name suggests, it is a deep-moisturizing lotion that locks the water content on the skin and eradicates the issues of skin dryness and dehydration. It makes the skin soft and plump with rejuvenated radiance.
This product is dermatologist-tested and non-comedogenic that does not clog the pores. It is free of parabens and other harmful chemicals and tends to be suitable for moisturizing dry, normal, and combination skin types. It is available at a budget-friendly cost.
- Best moisturizer that provides a remarkable glow and radiance for black skin.
- Has a deep hydrating effect with 100% natural safflower oil.
- Contains collagen boosting and skin-repairing ingredients.
- Available at an affordable cost.
- The presence of fragrance and mineral oils may create acne and skin irritations.
- May not be suited for oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin types.
- ay dry out skin after some time of application on dry skin types.
4. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Moisture Rich Night Cream
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Moisture Rich Night Cream plays a remarkable role in boasting the black skin with high water content and furnishing illuminating radiance to the skin.
This best moisturizer for black skin has in its formula nutrient-locking ingredients such as natural cocoa butter, retinol, vitamin E, aloe vera, and the others.
These incredible ingredients penetrate deeply into the skin and lock skin-nourishing nutrients. They get fused with the natural oil and improve the hydration level of the skin.
The presence of rich antioxidants highly calms and repairs the skin. They restore the protective layers of the skin against skin damages and infections. The antioxidants soothe skin irritations and inflammation and act as the best skin-relaxer.
These active ingredients smoothen the skin and treat the skin blemishes such as scars, acne marks, and other hyperpigmentation effectively. The collagen-boosting feature of the product treats and reduces the impact of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin and furnish young, supple, and plump skin tone.
This moisturizer is again a dermatologist-tested and non-comedogenic product and is best for all skin types. It is free from parabens, artificial colors, and other harmful chemicals.
- Locks best skin-nourishing nutrients and vitamins and boost the strength of the skin.
- High antioxidant that soothes and protects the skin against damages and infections.
- Best moisturizing features to prevent skin dryness and dehydration.
- Has high collagen-boosting ingredients that treat aging signs.
- Provides the soft, bright, supple, plump, and radiance glow to the skin.
- Has mesmerizing odor.
- May create acne and breakouts on sensitive and oily skin types.
- The presence of alcohol may dry out certain skin types.
- May create a greasy residue on the skin.
5. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer
For attaining the natural radiance look and deep-moisturized feel, Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer could be the best solution!
The presence of total soy complex, glycerine, and other active ingredients make this product the best moisturizer for black skin.
Its ingredients highly hydrate the skin and provide an illuminating skin glow. They soothe and treats the skin blemishes such as skin discolorations, acne marks, dark spots, etc., and provides the bight and even-toned mien.
The presence of skin-brightening features eradicates the skin dullness and inactive look. It locks the skin with fresh, and rejuvenated energy and improves the skin texture. The presence of natural light diffusers boost the glow of the skin and reduce the impact of skin imperfections.
This product has SPF 15 that acts as a sunscreen as well. This feature prevents the penetration and negative impacts of UV rays on the skin.
It is a non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic product that tends to be suitable for all skin types and does not clog the pores. It is an oil-free product that creates no greasiness on the skin and is free from parabens and other harmful chemicals.
- Best moisturizing effect to produce luminous mien to the skin.
- Highly treats skin discoloration and provide even-toned, rich skin texture.
- It furnishes a bright and energetic glow by stripping-off the dull, inactive look.
- The presence of SPF 15 prevents the UV rays against the skin.
- Boast skin-nourishing nutrients to the skin.
- May create allergic reactions such as skin peeling, burns, and breakouts on certain skin types.
- The fragrance may be too strong for those who prefer no fragrance.
- It may create eye burns on contact with eyes.
6. LILY SADO Green Tea And Vitamin C Face Moisturizer Cream
Here comes the next best moisturizer for black skin with LILY SADO Green Tea And Vitamin C Face Moisturizer Cream that has utmost skin cooling and refreshing ingredients.
This moisturizer has the best formula with the majority of natural ingredients such as green tea, vitamin C, licorice root, jojoba, aloe vera, and vitamin E.
These ingredients provide multiple essential benefits to the skin. Its antioxidants protect the skin against free radicals and other skin damages. They restore the protective layer of the skin and boost its strength and energy.
It has the best anti-aging formula that effectively treats and prevents the creation of aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines. They tighten the skin and furnish young, supple, and plump mien. This face wash best soothes and relaxes the skin against skin irritations and inflammations.
These natural ingredients lock the essential vitamins and nutrients in the skin and provide a nourishing glow. The presence of dull, tired, and inactive skin is replaced by fresh, healthy, and enthusiastic energy.
It has an outstanding moisturizing feature that locks the water-content deep through the skin and boosts skin radiance for a long-lasting period. Its non-greasy formula prevents the creation of oiliness on the skin during its moisturizing process.
It is free from parabens, silicone, alcohol, and other harmful chemicals and is best suited for all skin types including sensitive skin. Thus for those looking for moisture backed with maximum natural ingredients and the best skin-rectifying features can readily opt this product!
- Deep-moisturizing feature for a long-lasting period.
- Has effective anti-aging and blemish-correcting features.
- High antioxidants that prevent the skin against damages.
- Provides bright, even-toned, plump, and youth radiance to the skin.
- Tends to be an expensive moisturizer.
- It may not produce effective positive results on certain skin types.
7. Garnier SkinActive Moisture Rescue
Garnier SkinActive Moisture Rescue is again the best moisturizer for black skin that boasts an exceptional radiance on black skin.
This moisturizer contains apple fruit water, glycerine, vitamin c, nymphaea alba flower extract, and other skin-nourishing ingredients.
These ingredients boost the skin’s water-binding function and lock the water content on the skin for a long-lasting period. They tend to keep the skin hydrated for about 24 hours and furnish a soft, supple, and plump feel.
This moisturizer is rich in skin-relaxing components that best soothes the skin and provides a refreshed energetic glow. Its antioxidants protect the skin against damages and infections and make the skin tight and young.
It is an extreme-lightweight cream with full coverage that blends well with the skin. It has an oil-free formula that eradicates the creation of an oily appearance on the face. It is a non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested product that yields the best result on all skin types and its extreme moisturizing feature makes it super-beneficial for dry skin type.
- Tends to lock moisture on the skin for a long-lasting period of about 24 hours.
- High antioxidants that protect the skin against damages and infections.
- Best soothing and skin-refreshing features.
- Provides a bright, relaxed, energetic, and hydrated glow to the skin.
- The presence of alcohol and fragrance may create allergies and irritations on sensitive skin types.
- May create acne and skin breakouts.
- The fragrance may be unpleasant for some users.
8. Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer is listed as the best moisturizer for black skin with its unique sun-blocking technology.
This two-in-one moisturizer is made up of hydrogenated palm glycerides, ascorbic acid, glycerine, vitamin E, and other sunscreen components.
These ingredients sums-up to SPF 50 that completely shields the skin against the penetration of UVA and UVB rays. This effective sunblock feature and pure screen technology can withstand any high temperatures and prevents the skin from UV rays damages such as skin cancer, aging signs, etc.
This moisturizer gets deep into the skin and infuses the hydrating component from the root. It can keep the skin hydrated and supple throughout the day without creating dryness.
The presence of antioxidants soothes and relaxes the skin and improves the protective barrier of the skin. It boosts the strength and tightness of the skin to provide a young and energetic look.
This best moisturizer for black skin is made up of mild and gentle ingredients that tend to be suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
- Best moisturizer deeply hydrates the skin throughout the day.
- Best sunblock technology that prevents the damages of UV rays.
- The infusion of antioxidants and vitamin E treats aging signs to an extent.
- Provides a young, bright, and hydrated look.
- Thick consistency that may not blend with the skin.
- May leave an oily residue on the skin.
- May cause skin breakouts on certain skin types.
9. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer
For attaining the highly moisturized, soft, and smooth feel, Shea Moisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer can be your best choice!
This best moisturizer for black skin has a pack of unique ingredients such as Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, cocoa pod ash, tamarind oil extract, tea tree oil, etc.
These ingredients naturally improve the strength and texture of the skin. They deeply moisturize the skin and removes the skin dryness and dehydration problem from the root. They make the dark skin extra-luminous and plump without creating a greasy appearance.
This moisturizer can be best suited for use under make-up. They furnish the smooth and vibrant skin beneath make-up to boost the overall result of make-up appearance. It has a highly absorbable consistency with full coverage that easily penetrates the skin.
This moisturizer is free from parabens, mineral oils, and other harmful chemical ingredients that may create irritations on sensitive skin types. It provides the best result on all skin types, particularly oily and sensitive skin types.
- Specially formulated for moisturizing and balancing oily and sensitive skin types.
- Provide luminous, plump, and smooth skin by boosting the skin’s water content.
- Best moisturizer for using beneath skin make-up.
- Gets absorbed into the skin deeply.
- The fragrance may be too strong for those who prefer mild-odor.
- May create allergies and irritations on certain skin types.
- May clog the pores on certain acne-prone skin.
10. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream is a multi-purpose, best moisturizer for black skin with a skin-nourishing and skin-repairing formula.
This product is backed with hyaluronic acid, amino-peptides, vitamin B3, niacinamide, and others. These intensely hydrating ingredients penetrate deeply and lock the hydration from the depth of the skin.
Its skin-repairing features sloughs-off the dead and damaged skin cells and promote skin regrowth. It effectively treats skin blemishes such as scars, acne marks, etc., and provide crystal-clear, smooth skin.
The presence of anti-aging benefits makes the skin firm and improves the elasticity of the skin. It treats the aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines.
This face wash has the best skin-brightening effect that treats the dull and tired look. Its antioxidants strengthen the skin and protect the skin from damages. This product tends to be suitable for all skin types.
- Best moisturizing feature that deep hydration.
- Highly treats aging signs.
- Has skin-brightening benefits.
- Presence of antioxidants strengthens the skin.
- Repairs the dead and damaged skin cells.
- The presence of parabens may create allergies and irritations.
- It may not produce promising benefits to certain skin types.
How To Treat Your Dry Skin
No matter what intense moisturizer you may select for your dry skin. Unless you undertake certain follow-ups, you may never reap the complete benefit of the selected moisturizer.
So, with the focus of providing you the adds-on guidance of keeping the skin nourished and moisturized, we’ve outlined the following skin moisturizing steps for dry skin!
1. Stay Hydrated
The main reason for dry skin is the lack of moisture and water content on the skin. An intake of adequate water can be the best and foremost solution for dry skin. Sufficient water content in the body can readily rejuvenate and make the skin smooth and plump.
Staying hydrated will prevent the creation and intensity of skin dryness. The hydrating result of moisturizer on the dry skin can be prolonged by taking an adequate level of water and staying hydrated!
2. Avoid Products That Contain Alcohol
If you are the one with dry skin, then the products with alcohol contents are not for you! The alcohol tends to dry-out the skin extremely and the moisturizer having alcohol may further create skin flakiness and breakouts rather than hydrating.
Even though the alcohol-contained moisturizers have effective natural oils and moisturizing contents, such a product may not produce the best result on your dry skin.
3. Avoid Long Hot Showers
The mind-relaxing hot showers may turn to be a skin-damaging session for those with dry skin. Those with already-dry skin may not take long hot showers as it may further dry-up the skin and create breakouts. The short-timed, lukewarm water showers are always best for dry skin!
4. Avoid Scratching Your Skin
The dry skins are generally more prone to itchiness and you may have the urge to scratch the body parts. But for avoiding skin damages and infections, always resist the urge to scratch.
The use of moisturizer can best solve this itching sensation and its antioxidant may prevent the skin from infections and damages.
Thus it is clear that moisturizers are the essential skin products that help to keep the skin energetic and glowing. They boost the overall strength of the skin and improves its elasticity.
Almost all the above-discussed products are multi-featured and based on your requirement you may select your product. Skin types play an essential role in the moisturizer selection process. Those with dry skin types can select intensely hydrating products with no alcohol, and those with oily and sensitive skin types can select the specialized product featured for them.
These moisturizers can be used along the face, neck, arms, legs, and other body parts for boosting the water content of the skin. It is always best to use it along hands and legs to understand their suitability before using it on the face.
Those who are allergic to certain cosmetic ingredients may not choose a particular product. For attaining the best result, stay hydrated and use the moisturizer twice per day.
Now, you can easily select the best moisturizer for black skin and attain the best glossy and gorgeous appearance!