Generally, the blemishes such as dark spots, scars, acne marks, hyperpigmentation, large pores, etc., highly affect the overall radiance of the skin and the effort of the entire make-up process. The oily and acne-prone skin is more affected by one or more of these skin concerns by nature.
Hence, the primer shall be used as an underlying lotion beneath foundation cream, compact powder, etc., to diminish the appearance of these skin blemishes. It provides a remarkable base to experience smooth, glowing, and flawless make-up applications. The primer shall also prolong the make-up wear all day long with the same glow and radiance!
A non-comedogenic primer is one that has no skin-irritating and pore-clogging ingredients. It tends to be more suitable for oily and acne-prone skin types as it primes the skin without creating pimples and breakouts.
It does deep-hydration of the skin to stop excess sebum secretion and keep the shine and oiliness under control. It also fills-up the large pores and fine lines to furnish smooth and young mien without suffocating the skin!
- 1 10 Best Non-Comedogenic Primers Reviewed
- 1.1 1. Maybelline Master Prime
- 1.2 2. Elizabeth Arden Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer
- 1.3 3. Elf Studio Blemish Control Face Primer
- 1.4 4. Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum
- 1.5 5. Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
- 1.6 6. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Pore Filler Primer
- 1.7 7. Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
- 1.8 8. L.A. Girl Pro Prep HD High-Definition Smoothing Face Primer
- 1.9 9. e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer
- 1.10 10. Wild Rose Smoothie Brightening Priming Moisturizer
- 2 Conclusion
10 Best Non-Comedogenic Primers Reviewed
Among the various products available in the market, the 10 best non-comedogenic primers best suited for oily and acne-prone skin are discussed here along with their features, pros, and cons!
1. Maybelline Master Prime
Maybelline Master Prime is the best non-comedogenic primer that is available in different variants with unique benefits and purposes. This product provides a flawless, bright glow to the skin making it prepared for an even make-up appearance!
If your skin suffers from blemishes such as acne marks, scars, redness, fine lines, or hyperpigmentation, Maybelline Master Prime shall be the best solution with its color-correcting and imperfections-blurring nature.
The different variants of this non-comedogenic primer target different skin concerns. They correct and conceals skin-tone issues such as skin redness, scars, dark patches, hyperpigmentation, etc. They provide an evenly-toned, bright, and flawless epidermis.
All the variants play a remarkable role in diminishing the appearance of large pores, fine lines, and wrinkles. They smooth out the skin and ensures a flawless base for the make-up process.
The presence of the SPF 30 feature provides an add-on benefit of protecting the skin against harmful UV rays while priming. Its lightweight and water-based formula enable easy absorption by the skin without creating oiliness.
This non-comedogenic primer is a dermatologist-tested product that tends to be more appropriate for oily and acne-prone skin types.
- Best color and blemish correcting features.
- Provides a soft, smoothed-out, and even-toned base beneath the make-up application.
- Highly fills the pores, fine lines, and wrinkles for an improved appearance.
- Oil-free formula that keeps the shine under control.
- May create allergies to certain skin types.
2. Elizabeth Arden Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer
If you are looking for the non-comedogenic primer with the best blemish-concealing and long-moisturizing features, no doubt Elizabeth Arden Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer can be your wise choice! It furnishes an evened-out, bright skin tone with illuminating radiance. It smoothens out the skin and makes it prepared for make-up application instantly.
The presence of a triple blurring complex with light-diffusing technology penetrates the skin deeply and blurs-out all your skin concerns such as wrinkles, fine lines, skin discoloration, acne marks, scars, and others. It minimizes the appearance of large pores to ensure a smooth, fine, and young skin texture.
Regarding the skin moisturizing benefits, the presence of dimethicone best conditions and ensures in-depth hydrated results for an extended period. It makes the skin soft, plump, and attractive and eradicates the signs of skin unevenness to enhance the make-up results.
This non-comedogenic primer contains the time-release skin balancing technology that ensures excess retention of skin moisture while controlling shimmering skin appearance. The presence of hollow silica beads absorbs excess sebum to furnish an oil-free look to the skin for a prolonged period.
Elizabeth Arden Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer contains emollients and special oils to furnish fresh and improved make-up results. It is a silky, lightweight primer that blends smoothly with the skin and ensures a flawless, smooth texture. It tends to suit all skin types.
- Best non-comedogenic primer that diminishes the skin blemishes and makes it prepared for make-up application instantly.
- Deep-hydrating feature for a prolonged period.
- Contains the benefits of triple blurring complex with light-diffusing technology.
- Ensures prolonged and enhanced make-up results with a fresh feel.
- Controls sebum controlling and absorbing technology.
- It may not produce promising pore-concealing results.
- May create a greasy appearance on certain skin types.
- Quite an expensive product.
3. Elf Studio Blemish Control Face Primer
What do you think about a non-comedogenic primer with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant features that soothes and pampers your skin while making it prepared for make-up application? Elf Studio Blemish Control Face Primer is one such product with health-enhancing benefits to the skin!
This best non-comedogenic primer contains the benefits of salicylic acid, vitamins A, C, and E, tea tree oil, thyme leaf extract, rosemary extract, and other skin-nourishing ingredients.
These unique ingredients exfoliate the skin to slough off dead skin cells and furnish renewed, bright appearance to the face. They reduce the impact of hyperpigmentation, acne marks, scars, fine lines, etc.
The antioxidants highly soothe and treat skin infections, allergies, and irritations caused by free radicles and UV rays. It controls skin breakouts and acne-formation. The presence of anti-inflammatory properties heals the skin’s puffiness and redness.
The infusion of tea tree oil, dimethicone, and other skin-moisturizing ingredients deeply conditions and hydrates the skin for improving radiance and flexibility of the skin.
As a whole, Elf Studio Blemish Control Face Primer furnishes the smoothed-out, soft, young, and blemish-free appearance to the skin with a bright glow. Its vitamin-infused formula improves the complexion and texture of the skin and provides a flawless base for make-up application.
This non-comedogenic primer ensures a professional matte-finish to the skin for a prolonged period. It tends to be suited for all skin types.
- Multi-nutrient benefits that improve the strength and texture of the skin.
- High hydrating benefits.
- Contains the benefits of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant features.
- Has skin-exfoliating features.
- Provides a blemish-free, perfect base for an illuminating make-up result.
- Ensures professional, bright matte-finish for a prolonged period.
- May create allergies to sensitive skin types.
- Application of make-up over this primer may create a lumpy appearance sometimes.
- May create a greasy appearance on the skin.
4. Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum
Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum is a non-comedogenic primer that ensures bright, blemish-corrected, and moisturized skin along with UV-shielding benefits.
This product is featured with the benefits of ascorbic acid and botanical extracts such as mushroom, cucumber, sunflower, rosemary leaf, barley, etc.
These ingredients play an active role in concealing the blemishes such as visible aging signs, acne, scars, dark spots, etc. They fill in the fine lines and wrinkles to furnish a smoothed-out, young, and firm texture.
The presence of a soft-focus complex effectively diminishes the uneven skin tones and provides a bright, flawless base for the make-up application. It primes the skin and makes the make-up results stay true for a prolonged period of up to 12 hours with mesmerizing smoothness.
The botanical extracts impart the moisture-content and make the skin plump and glowing. They improve the moisture-retain ability of the skin to provide better results. The sun-blocking feature protects and prevents the skin against harmful UVA rays and UVB rays.
This primer has a velvety-smooth, light-weight texture that blends well with the skin to provide remarkable results. It tends to be suited for all skin types including sensitive types.
- Highly diminishes the skin imperfections and provides a remarkable base for smooth make-up application.
- Ensures an evened-out, bright, young, moisturized, and flawless epidermis that improves the longevity of the make-up wear.
- Rich moisturization benefit.
- Has sun-blocking features.
- Doesn’t leave oily residues.
- Contains strong fragrance.
- May create allergies and break-outs on certain skin types.
- May pills-up the foundation.
Here comes the unique shine-control yet deep-moisturizing primer with Rimmel Stay Matte Primer that fits perfect for dry skin with oily patches! This best non-comedogenic primer is formulated with glycerine, dimethicone, skin-nourishing argan oil, etc.
These ingredients nourish and condition the skin from the depth and furnish an energetic skin appearance. They reduce the appearance of large pores, dark spots, fine lines, and other blemishes and provides smoothed-out, firm, and young epidermis.
This non-comedogenic primer makes the skin prepared for smooth and long-lasting make-up results. It reduces and absorbs the excess secretion of the sebum and controls shine for up to 8 stretched hours. It ensures a perfect matte finish to the skin with no sign of oiliness!
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer makes the skin hydrated and conditioned throughout the session without creating dryness and streaks. It has a lightweight, oil-free formula that blends well with the skin and ensures a non-greasy moisturized glow! It plays well on all oily and acne-prone skin types and stays fit for daily usage.
- Reduces the impact of skin blemishes and makes it prepared for bright, smoothed-out, and flawless make-up results.
- Highly hydrates and conditions the skin.
- Has great sebum-absorbing and shine-control benefits.
- Provides an alluring matte finish with moisturized feel to the skin.
- May create a cakey appearance on certain skin types.
- Contains fragrance.
- May create allergies and breakouts.
6. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Pore Filler Primer
For those who want to really fill their fine lines and pores to get a smoothed-out texture instantly, NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Pore Filler Primer shall do the best! This best non-comedogenic primer contains dimethicone, vitamin E, glycerin, and others to make the skin soft and smooth for long-lasting make-up results.
These ingredients provide an overall glow to the skin by reducing the impact of pores and fine lines instantly. They make the skin evenly-toned, smooth, and bright which tends to be ready for make-up application.
Its moisturizing feature deeply hydrates the skin and ensures prolonged make-up results for up to 12 hours. It makes the skin soft, smooth, firm, and moisturized throughout the day.
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Pore Filler Primer has an ultra-lightweight texture that ensures even application and easy absorption by the skin. It provides a perfect translucent finish to the skin and tends to be suited for all skin types.
- Best primer to diminish the appearance of pores and fine lines and furnish a soft, smoothed-out epidermis.
- It eradicates the skin flaws instantly and makes it prepared for alluring make-up results.
- Makes the skin hydrated and prolongs the wear of make-up.
- Ensures soft and young skin throughout the day.
- May create clumps on the skin.
- May leave an oily residue after a few hours of application.
- May make the skin dry for certain skin types.
7. Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
As the name suggests, Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer is the one with light-diffusing technology that makes the face bright and photogenic. This non-comedogenic primer contains the key ingredients of dimethicone, glycerine, etc.
Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer contains a photochromatic pigment that provides an evenly-toned, bright skin instantly. Its sheer tint conceals the blemishes such as dark spots, acne, etc., and improves the glow of the epidermis. It also reduces the impact of large pores and fine lines to furnish a soft and smoothed-out texture.
This non-comedogenic primer conditions and moisturizes the skin deeply for a prolonged glowing result. It ensures a smooth-matte finish result that controls the excess sebum and eradicates the presence of shine and oiliness.
It has a soft creamy texture that tends to be more appropriate for using beneath the foundation. Its tinted feature shall provide a perfect make-up glow to the skin even when used alone.
- The tinted feature corrects and brightens the uneven and dull skin tone.
- Conceals the flaws and blemishes instantly and provides a perfect canvas for make-up application.
- Fills in the large pores and fine lines to diminish their appearance.
- Shall be used either beneath make-up or alone for getting illuminating, photogenic skin.
- Ensures silky-soft matte finish to the skin instantly.
- May create oily residues after a few hours of application.
- May create pimples and breakouts on certain skin types.
8. L.A. Girl Pro Prep HD High-Definition Smoothing Face Primer
For experiencing the day-long make-up result along with skin pampering and nourishing benefits, you shall definitely give it a try on L.A. Girl Pro Prep HD High-Definition Smoothing Face Primer!
The presence of multi-beneficial vitamin E along with dimethicone makes this product one of the best non-comedogenic primers.
These ingredients best conditions and nourishes the skin to make it firm and elastic. It imparts the moisture content on the skin and improves its radiance and plumpness. The antioxidants treat skin irritations and inflammations and protect them against damages from free radicles and UV rays.
The light-diffusing technology makes the skin bright, evenly-toned, and radiant. It blurs-away the blemishes such as dark patches, fine lines, scars, and other skin-unevenness. It improves the skin’s glow and makes it prepared for smooth make-up application.
This non-comedogenic primer has a lightweight formula that prevents skin suffocation. It best pampers the skin and makes it soft and smooth from the depth. Its application beneath the foundation improves the longevity of the make-up result.
- Has skin nourishing and softening benefits while preparing the skin for make-up wear.
- Makes the skin super-soft, smooth, and pampered.
- Best conditions and moisturize the skin to make it plump and radiant.
- Has light-diffusing technology that ensures flawless skin texture.
- Prolongs the make-up result.
- May create an oily or greasy appearance on the skin.
- May create allergies to certain skin types.
- May clump-up on the skin.
9. e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer
As the name suggests, e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer is a super-hydrating, non-comedogenic primer with energizing and anti-aging benefits. It has the unique ingredients of grapeseed oil along with vitamins A, C, and E.
These ingredients deeply condition and nourish the skin with essential nutrient benefits. They make the skin firm, young and elastic from the root and eradicate aging signs such as fine lines, wrinkles, etc. They highly hydrate and plumps-up the skin around fine lines to ensure a smoothed-out epidermis.
This non-comedogenic primer naturally brightens the skin tone and blurs-out the blemishes such as scars, dark spots, uneven patches, etc. It makes the skin glowing and radiant and ensures a perfect, flawless base for even and illuminating make-up results.
The antioxidants treat and soothe skin irritations and protect them against damages from pollutions, free radicles, and UV rays. e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer enables to prolong the make-up result with a long-lasting bright finish.
- Brightens the complexion naturally and provides soft, smooth, and even-tone.
- Furnish perfect base for an even and prolonged make-up glow.
- Has anti-aging and skin-nourishing features.
- Deeply hydrates the skin for getting plump and radiant finish.
- May create a sticky residue on the skin that may not be suitable for those with oily skin.
- The fragrance may tend to be unpleasant.
- May create redness and irritations on certain skin types.
10. Wild Rose Smoothie Brightening Priming Moisturizer
For experiencing the really-soft, deeply-moisturized, highly-primed skin for the whole 24 hours, Wild Rose Smoothie Brightening Priming Moisturizer could be your best choice!
This outstanding non-comedogenic primer is infused with hyaluronic acid, lactic acid, vitamin C, and botanical extracts such as aloe vera juice, rosemary extract, jojoba seed oil, sunflower seed extract, turmeric extract, white willow bark extract, etc.
These unique ingredients ensure in-depth moisturization that keeps the skin hydrated and nourished for 24-hours. It plumps-up the skin and eradicates the signs of aging marks and dullness. It furnishes a soft, rejuvenated, and smoothed-out glow to the skin.
This multi-beneficial primer locks-in the essential nutrients to brighten the skin naturally and eradicate the blemishes such as dark spots, scars, fine lines, uneven tones, etc. It best primes the skin and make it perfectly suitable for alluring make-up results.
The presence of white willow extract acts as an exfoliating feature that draws-out the excess sebum and unclogs the pores. It helps to keep the shine and oiliness under control. This feature ensures long-day make-up wear with a fresh and bright finish.
- Multi-featured non-comedogenic primer that ensures soft, smooth, and bright finish.
- High hydrating features.
- Contains exfoliating benefits that prolong the make-up wear.
- Locks in essential nutrients and ensure a bright, repaired, and evenly-toned epidermis.
- Provides an alluring skin base for make-up application.
- Contains fragrances that may cause allergies to certain skin types.
Primers play an important role in boosting the overall glow of the skin. It ensures an evenly-toned, bright, and flawless base for the make-up application. It also helps to prolong the make-up results and ensures the same illuminating radiance throughout the day from dusk till dawn.
For getting the best result, it is recommended to use the primer after your regular moisturizer and beneath your foundation as it helps to correct the skin blemishes. These non-comedogenic primers are all safe for oily and acne-prone skin types. Based on the purpose and ingredient suitability to your skin type, you may select yours!
For dry skin types, you may go for ultra-hydrating products such as Wild Rose Smoothie Brightening Priming Moisturizer and e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer. For getting instant photogenic glow to your face, you may go for Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer.
It is always recommended to perform a patch test of the lotion on your neck or hand to understand their acceptability to your skin. now you can just explore your need and enjoy your primer!