Making oneself a trend-setter with attractive rings and studs through body piercings has become common today! But, one of the scariest issues is the presence of pains and discomforts associated with this fashionable process.
Here comes the solution of best numbing creams for piercings with FDA-compliant, high-quality pain-relief features. These numbing creams have the right proportion of anesthetics along with anti-infecting features that help to make the skin less reactive to piercings.
If you are completely new to this topic, just continue reading to gain more information about the features and benefits of pain-relief creams.
Best Numbing Cream For Piercings: Our Top Picks
Out of the several products available in the market, this article discusses the 5 best numbing creams along with their characteristics, pros, and cons!
1. Best Overall: Neosporin + Maximum-Strength Pain Relief
Neosporin + Maximum-Strength Pain Relief is an antibiotic cum pain relief ointment that acts as the best part of your first aid kit! It has active ingredients of Bacitracin, neomycin, polymyxin B, and pramoxine HCI.
These ingredients have antibiotic features that prevent events of infections, allergies, and scarring of the pierce for 24-hours. This best numbing cream for piercings plays a unique role in healing cuts, burns, and scrapes that ranges from minor to medium-deep levels.
Despite its antiseptic and fast healing benefits, it provides a maximum-strength pain relief feature that heals the piercings without many complications. Its no-sting formula keeps the pains and discomforts associated with the recovery phase at bay!
This pain-relief cream is credited as a No.1 Doctor-recommended Over-The-Counter product with FDA-approved certification that you can confidently use to soothe and heal your pierces and wounds.
Featured with all the wound-caring features, this cream shall be applied one to three times per day on the cuts for gaining maximum pain relief and healing benefits. Once treated, you can cover the opening with an adhesive bandage as it fastens the recovery process.
- The high-level antibiotic benefit that makes this cream safe to use on raw and open cuts for preventing infections and scaring.
- Fastens recovery process.
- Intense pain relief benefit that obliterates the pains and discomforts during the recovery phase.
- The no-sting formula soothes and comforts your skin against irritations.
- Doctor-recommended branded with FDA-approved certification.
- Highly affordable product.
- Though plays best on minor to moderate-level wounds, it does not work effectively on deep cuts and pierces.
- It May not produce speedy results comparatively.
2. Best Budget-Friendly: Dr. Numb Maximum Topical Anesthetic Cream
If you are looking for an instant-cum-intense pain relief benefit, Dr. Numb Maximum Topical Anesthetic Cream could be a great option! This best numbing cream for piercings is featured with 4% Lidocaine that actively soothes and relives the piercings against pains, irritation, itching, and discomforts.
This cream has a water-based, quick-penetrating, and rapid-acting formula that temporarily desensitizes the skin and numbs the pains of tattoo piercings, sunburns, minor cuts, abrasions, insect bites, etc.
It is a hypoallergenic product that does not create infections, allergies, or scarring on any skin type. It is the FDA and cGMP-compliant over-the-counter product. It is one of the highly recommended pain-numbing creams by piercing parlors!
It shall be applied over the skin once in two to four hours for numbing the discomfort over the wounds. Double-layer application of the cream over smaller skin region yields maximum benefit.
- Rapid pain and discomfort relief cream for piercings and minor cuts.
- Kicks out the discomfort by desensitizing the skin around wounds.
- Water-based, non-greasy, and fast-absorbing formula that helps you get instant relief.
- Hypoallergenic that suits all skin types.
- FDA and cGMP compliant product.
- Highly recommended product by piercing parlors.
- Great budget-friendly product.
- Provides only temporary relief and the pain comes back when the skin regains its sense. So, constant reapplication is required.
- Double application is required to gain maximum benefit.
- Though it acts best for piercing parlors, it may not suit tattoo sessions as applying to larger skin areas depreciate its effectiveness.
3. Best Water-Based: UltraNumb Anesthetic Skin Numbing Cream
UltraNumb Anesthetic Skin Numbing Cream is again the best product that keeps your piercing process amazingly cool and worry-less! Lidocaine is an active ingredient of this cream that desensitize the skin instantly and keeps it away from pains and discomforts during skin procedures.
This best numbing cream for piercings has maximum strength that makes the skin numb for the tattooing, piercings, tattoo and laser hair removals, laser treatments, waxing, and other painful skin processes. A single jar sufficiently covers 4*4 inches of skin area that makes it appropriate for many piercings.
It has a non-oily formula that ensures deeper penetration and quicker response over the skin. It never leaves oily residue or a slippery feel over the surface that you can have your piercings more accurately with fewer complications.
UltraNumb Anesthetic Skin Numbing Cream is a doctor-recommended anesthetic cream. It works perfectly fine for all painful skin procedures including piercings and tattoos. Applying this cream sufficiently over the skin and wrapping it with the cover wrap for 2 hours before the procedure provides an optimum advantage.
- Best skin numbing cream for all piercings and skin procedures.
- Ensures deeper and rapid skin desensitization that helps to have your piercing session painless.
- Oil and residue-free cream for pointed piercings.
- Doctor-recommended, over-the-counter product.
- You may require several units of the product to cover vast skin areas.
4. Best Foaming Soap: Dr. Numb Topical Anesthetic Foaming Soap
Dr. Numb Topical Anesthetic Foaming Soap ensures both the sterilizing and numbing benefits to make your skin clean and prepared for your piercing session! This product contains 4% Lidocaine and Benzethonium Chloride as the active ingredients.
This best numbing cream for piercings is a form of foaming soap with desensitization characteristics that promise instant and in-depth temporary pain relief for your skin procedures. The presence of lidocaine blocks nerve signals and numbs the skin to keep it away from pains and discomforts during piercings, tattooing, waxing, laser treatments, hair removals, etc.
The antibiotic and anti-infective properties of this cream obliterate the presence of microbes and infection-creating bacteria off the skin and prevent the chances of allergies and scarring. This feature makes this cream suitable for first-aiding and treating other minor wounds as well, such as cuts, insect bites, scrapes, skin irritations, burns, etc.
Dr. Numb Topical Anesthetic Foaming Soap has comparatively deeper and quicker absorbing benefits with its foaming nature. It can also be used to prepare and condition the skin before using topical numbing creams such as Dr. Numb Maximum Topical Anesthetic Cream as it helps in reaping improved effectiveness.
This best numbing cream for piercings is an FDA-regulated product with strong formula having a high concentration of anesthetic ingredients within recommended safety level. Thus, you can enjoy stress-free procedures with clean and safety benefits.
For getting the best result, take an abundant quantity of merchandise and rub it over the skin. Wash the skin gently with tap water after leaving it over the skin for 5-10 minutes. Following this process before, during, and after having skin procedures can provide the best result.
- Foaming soap with numbing and anti-infecting benefits to make your piercings and skin procedures worry-less.
- Actively desensitize the skin and keep the pains away.
- Cleanse the skin against infection-creating bacteria and prevents the chances of infections, allergies, and scarring.
- Can also be used to first-aid and treat minor cuts and scrapes.
- FDA regulated product with safe-level anesthetic ingredients.
- Pre-conditions the skin for using topical aesthetician creams.
- Quite an over-priced product.
5. Best Spray: Aspercreme Lidocaine Pain Relief Dry Spray
Aspercreme Lidocaine Pain Relief Dry Spray is a pre and post-procedural pain relief cream having Lidocaine as an active ingredient!
The usage of this best numbing cream for piercing before and after procedures will drastically reduce the needle pains and irritations over the skin. Its maximum strength, the pain-relief formula also ease out the muscle pains, joint pains, and back pains instantly.
The container has a spray-like design that makes your application process easy and mess-free. It also allows complete coverage with a deeper penetration benefit. It is an odor-free product with non-greasy, quick-dry benefits that allow your piercing process more precise and error-free.
Aspercreme Lidocaine Pain Relief Dry Spray is free from salicylate and stays more suited for those who are allergic to this ingredient.
- Best numbing cream for both pre and post-skin procedures.
- Effectively reduce the pains and discomforts of piercings and painful skin processes.
- Spray-like design that ensures easier and sufficient application of merchandise.
- Rapid-action cream for enjoying the instant pain-relief benefit.
- Free from salicylate.
- Though it reduces the pain, it does not desensitize the skin and you will still have mild piercing pains and sensations.
- Not very effective in treating intermittent and high-level pains.
- Not an FDA-approved or FDA-compliant product.
How To Choose The Best Numbing Cream For Piercings
Whenever you are looking for skin-numbing creams, consider the following criteria to get the most satisfying purchase results!
Reducing the feeling of pains and discomforts during piercings is the aim of any numbing cream. But, the skin area where you would like to have your piercing is going to decide the intensity of pain you are about to go through and that decides the product you should select.
If you are planning to have your piercings on sensitive skin areas, then you may have heavy pains and numbing creams with high desensitizing property would be your best choice. While if you are about to have piercings on less sensitive skin parts, then you may go for mild pain-relief creams.
Also, the sensitivity level of your skin to pains decides the numbing level your skin demands. If your skin is more afraid of pain, then you require high desensitizing creams than the normal or less sensitive skin types.
Based on which of the following skin parts you are going to have procedures on, just select your numbing creams!
Highly Painful Piercings
The piercing process becomes more complicated and painful when it is done along bold and thick tissue regions. This highly painful process includes unusual ear piercings such as conch piercings, belly button piercings, eyebrow piercings, lip piercing, septum piercing, dimple piercing, collar piercing, nipple, and genital piercings, etc.
These piercings require strong numbing creams that intensively block the nerve signals and prevent the painful sensation during procedures. Also, the after-procedure healing benefits of the numbing cream shall aid in a faster and stress-free recovery process of these piercings.
Piercings On Moderately Painful Skin Areas
If you are planning to do your piercings in the less sensitive or skin areas having soft tissues, then using numbing creams with mild anesthetic formula would be sufficient.
Such piercings shall include ear lobe piercings, nostril piercings, etc. For numbing these skin regions, you can go for Aspercreme Lidocaine Pain Relief Dry Spray and Dr. Numb Topical Anesthetic Foaming Soap as these ensure mild numbing with optimum after-procedure benefits.
Anesthetic is a medical drug used to numb the skin against pains by blocking the nerve signals. It is mainly used to desensitize the skin when you are going through painful procedures such as piercings, tattoos, laser treatments, etc.
Lidocaine is the active anesthetic ingredient that is used in almost all the above-discussed numbing creams. It plays a very important pain-relieving role when you are going to have piercings on highly painful skin areas.
Also, before selecting the product make sure it uses a medically approved anesthetic level as the over-usage will lead to negative impacts. Dr. Numb Topical Anesthetic Foaming Soap is one such safe yet effective anesthetic product for your piercing sessions!
To make your own piercings or the piercings of your parlor’s clients cool and stress-free, the best numbing creams for piercings are a remarkable option! It helps to reduce the impact of needle pains during procedures and encourages recovery speed and comfort in the after-procedure phase.
The presence of antibiotic features helps to keep away the piercing infections and allergies along with pain-relief benefits. So, based on the type of piercing you are going to have, you can select and use the right product for enjoying the best satisfying results!